Saturday 15 June 2013

I rejected Chelsea to join Aston Villa, claims Okore


I rejected Chelsea to join Aston Villa, claims Okore
England: The 20-year-old, who sealed a switch from FC Nordsjaelland to Villa Park on Thursday, is looking forward to working with Paul Lambert after turning down the Europa League winners.

New Aston Villa defender Jores Okore has revealed he turned down an approach from Chelsea to seal a switch to the Birmingham-based club.

The highly-rated 20-year-old, who played against the Blues for FC Nordsjaelland in the Champions League last term, joined Paul Lambert`s side on Thursday for a fee believed to be in the region of €4.7 million.

And the centre-back has claimed the Europa League holders were also keen on securing his signature ahead of his move to Villa, but he is sure he made the correct choice.

"I have a good feeling it was the right decision to turn down Chelsea," Okore told Sporten.dk.

Okore says Lambert was a key influence on his decision to choose last season`s 15th-placed finishers in the Premier League, and is looking forward to progression in England`s top flight.

"I`ve got a good insight into Lambert and his plans," Okore continued.

"He knows what I stand for, and he knows what I can do. He hopes that I am myself and play the football I want to play.

"He believes that I can develop as a footballer, and therefore it was easy to say yes to him."

Okore, who was born in Ivory Coast, has been capped seven times by Denmark.

No comments:

Post a Comment