Monday 8 July 2013

I worked hard in the last game, says Andy Murray after historic win


I worked hard in the last game, says Murray after historic win 

 Andy Murray cemented his place in the history books after his victory over Novak Djokovic in the Wimbledon men's final on Sunday. After winning the only coveted championship that had eluded him, an emotional Murray said the feeling will take time to sink in.
"This success would take time to sink in. I think winning the Wimbledon is the pinnacle tennis", said Murray after the victory.
The 26-year-old, who became the first Briton to win Tennis' biggest event since Fred Perry in 1936, said he worked upon his level of game for the final against Djokovic.

Cementing his place in the record books, an emotional Andy Murray said he had to work hard on his game.
"The last game almost increased that feeling. I worked so hard in that last game. It's the hardest few points I've had to play in my life. I still can't believe it. Can't get my head around that".

No comments:

Post a Comment