Monday 8 July 2013

I will try to win everything in first season, says David Moyes


I will try to win everything in first season, says Moyes 

 London: The newly appointed manager of Manchester United, David Moyes is optimistic about the season and has vowed to 'try to win everything'.
The 50-year-old Moyes has won only one title in 2000 when he led Preston to Old Division title and now known as League One. However, he failed to lay hands on a single silverware in his 11 years at Everton.
More likely he will get his first when United play Wigan in the Comminity Shield on August 11 at Wembley.

The Manchester United manager is optimistic about the upcoming season and has vowed to 'try to win everything'.
Moyes said: "You have to do well in all competitions - not just the Premier League. When you are at Manchester United my thinking is you have to go for everything, you attempt to win everything.
"Maybe you miss out sometimes, but you have to try to win all the trophies. I've done it everywhere else I've been and I'll certainly do it here because I have a bigger squad, quality players and a club with the tradition of being used to winning things."
Moyes believes he being hand-picked by Alex Ferguson to be his successor will be respected by the players and a healthy dressing room atmosphere will prevail.
"I've talked to the players and told them I hope they respect his decision to pick me."
However, veteran United player Paul Scholes has temporarily turned down the offer of joining Moyes' coaching staff. But he is willing to grace the field as a player in order to raise money for his son's football team.
While Moyes insists that the offer for Scholes to join his staff still remains open. "Paul wants to spend time with his family, but we'll bring him in when he's ready," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment