Monday 8 July 2013

At 41, Sourav Ganguly ready to pen his autobiography

At 41, Sourav Ganguly ready to pen his autobiography 
File photo of former India captain Sourav Ganguly. (Getty Images)



Sourav Ganguly turned 41 on Monday, and the man who is known for galvanising the Indian team into a fearless unit will soon hit the writing desk to pen his autobiography.
"I will, for sure," Ganguly told Times of India when asked about his plans of writing an autobiography. "I was waiting for the right time. I continued to be really busy after giving up international cricket and did not have the time. There was IPL and my plan was to do the autobiography once the IPL was over. That will make it complete. Now is the time and I will definitely start doing the book in the near future."
Considering his aggressive approach during his playing days - which included making Steve Waugh wait for the toss and celebrating in the Lord's balcony by taking his shirt off, besides the Greg Chappell affair - Ganguly's autobiography will make for an exciting read.
"It is difficult to say at this point whether it will be a 'tell all' but there's no doubt I will write and speak the truth," said the former India captain, who retired from international cricket four years ago.
Ganguly has been often compared to the current India captain MS Dhoni who has overtaken the Kolkata icon as India's most successful captain. But Ganguly said he doesn't like comparisons. "I don't believe in comparisons. You can't compare eras, players, opposition, etc. It isn't possible.
"There were many captains before me who did a good job. Also, and perhaps the most important factor, is that I had a great set of players. A captain is as good as his team and I had some of the greatest ever players who have played for India."

No comments:

Post a Comment