Friday 21 June 2013

Topshelf Open: Stanislas Wawrinka reaches first grasscourt final


Stanislas Wawrinka: Won through to his first grasscourt final
Stanislas Wawrinka: Won through to his first grasscourt final

Stanislas Wawrinka reached his first grasscourt tournament final by beating Guillermo Garcia-Lopez in straight sets at the Topshelf Open in Den Bosch.
The Swiss No 2 beat the Spaniard 6-1 6-4, saving a total of 10 break points, including rallying from a 15-40 deficit when serving for the match.
He will now face qualifier Nicolas Mahut for the first time after the Frenchman beat Belgian Xavier Malisse 6-3 6-3 in Friday's other semi-final in the Netherlands.
Wawrinka told the ATP's official website: "I can say today I played my best match of the tournament and I'm really happy for that. I really enjoy playing on grass and I think my game can fit really good on this surface."
Belgium had a better day in the women's event at the same venue as fourth seed Kirsten Flipkens beat Spaniard Garbine Muguruza 6-3 6-1.
Flipkens will face Simona Halep of Romania in the final after she beat Carla Suarez-Navarro 6-3 6-2.

No comments:

Post a Comment