Friday 21 June 2013

Aston Villa signing Nicklas Helenius wants to play in hole behind a striker

Nicklas Helenius: More than just a targetman
Nicklas Helenius: More than just a targetman

Aston Villa new boy Nicklas Helenius believes his best role is in behind a striker but insists he is prepared to be flexible.
The 22-year-old joined Villa on a three-year deal this week and has been touted as a possible replacement for in-demand striker Christian Benteke given his 6'5" stature.
But the giant Dane claims he is far more than just a centre forward and has already discussed a more expansive role with manager Paul Lambert.
"They see me playing different positions rather than just as a striker as the experts say," Helenius told Danish newspaper Bold.
"They think I'm fast enough to play on the wing and I agree. I'm also able to play in the hole behind the striker.
"Personally I've always seen myself as a player in the hole behind the striker because of my finishing ability outside the area and Villa sees me the same way, as a flexible striker.
"But my main aim is first team football and I enjoy playing any position."

No comments:

Post a Comment