Friday 21 June 2013

ICC Champions Trophy: Ishant Sharma heaps praise on India skipper MS Dhoni


Ishant Sharma: High praise for India skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni
Ishant Sharma: High praise for India skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni

Ishant Sharma says captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni should take the credit for steering India to the final of the Champions Trophy.
The World Cup holders will start as favourites in Sunday's final against England at Edgbaston having won all their matches in the tournament, including a comprehensive eight-wicket win over Sri Lanka in the semis.
Dhoni has overseen a transitional period in Indian cricket but the current team now sit in the top three in the Test, one-day and Twenty20 rankings and pace bowler Ishant says the skipper's support has been at the heart of their success.
"Obviously, the support in the team, and the support from the captain is very crucial for any player, not only for me," he said.
"I think what I can say about him without doubt is that it is a real pleasure to have him in our side as the captain."
Ishant Sharma on MS Dhoni
"I think MS is always supporting every youngster in the team. So I think he's been tremendous with everyone.
"I think what I can say about him without doubt is that it is a real pleasure to have him in our side as the captain."
Ishant also credited the team's performance in the field for taking the pressure of a bowling attack which was questioned in some quarters prior to the tournament.
He said: "I think our fielding has been really tremendous.
"I think if you have the kind of fielders we have at the moment on the team, I think everyone is charging up and everyone wants to have the ball in their hand when the ball comes.
"It gives you really big confidence for every fast bowler, not only for me. I think it's very good and we'll keep working hard on our fielding and in every department. We are getting better.
"Taking wickets are the things outsiders look for, but if you're bowling in a good rhythm and you're hitting the landing the way you can, I think that's the most important thing."

No comments:

Post a Comment