Saturday 8 June 2013

Abidal `upset` with Barcelona following release


Abidal `upset` with Barcelona following releaseBarcelona: Eric Abidal has admitted that he is "upset" with Barcelona`s decision to release him on a free transfer.

The 33-year-old departed Camp Nou last week after six years of service, but the latter part of his stay in Catalunya was overshadowed by the diagnosis of a tumour in his liver - which required a transplant in March 2012.

But while the former Olympique Lyonnais man accepts that moving on is "a part of football", he is nonetheless rankled with the way his departure from Barca was handled.

"I do not understand it. I`ve fought for them and I`m in great shape. I feel better than two years ago. They gave me no reason, other than it was a `professional` decision," he told Radio Montecarlo.

"Inevitably, [the decision to release me] calls into question my ability to continue playing football. I am the first person to judge my form.

"First of all, I will not put my life at stake. That is why I`m a little upset with the club`s decision. Either way, this is football."

No comments:

Post a Comment