Saturday 8 June 2013

2013 French Open: David Ferrer reaches maiden Grand Slam final


2013 French Open: David Ferrer reaches maiden Grand Slam final

Paris: David Ferrer outshined Jo-Wilfried Tsonga to reach his maiden Grand Slam final at the French Open on Friday.

The Spaniard defeated the local favourite 6-1, 7-6 (3), 6-2 to book a date with compatriot Rafael Nadal in the final.

"It`s a dream for me to be in a grand slam final, and Roland Garros is more important for me," Ferrer said after the match.

After losing Tsonga said he was disappointed saying he did not enjoy the match as much he had wanted to.



"Now I`m disappointed because I didn`t enjoy this match as much as I wanted because this was a semi-final," he said.

Nadal is aiming for a record eighth title at the Roland Garros and if he succeeds, the Spaniard will become the first player in the history to have won a title eight times at the same Grand Slam event.

No comments:

Post a Comment